What speeds can I expect from Slingshot ADSL Broadband?
On our website, we talk about high-speed broadband plans. High-speed means that we do not put a limit on the speed of your connection - it's as fast as your line allows. There are many different factors that can affect the speeds you get on your broadband connection. These include:
- When you are online, you're sending and receiving data over a physical network shared by all ISPs - if a lot of people are online all at the same time, this can affect your speeds.
- If you live in an area with a large number of broadband connections.
- If you live in an area where the Chorus equipment is quite old.
- If you have a large number of Internet-capable devices on your home network - think of tablets, smartphones, smart TVs etc
- The age of your computer is very important - if you have a computer that's 10 years old, it's going to be slow!
- How far away your property is from the local Exchange.
- If you're using an old modem/router. These generally have a lifespan of about 2 years.
It is important to know that we do not guarantee any minimum speeds or latency on any of our ADSL Broadband plans.