My broadband isn't working!
If anything weird is going on with your broadband connection, the best place to check for issues is your router. Here's a selection of our best practise troubleshooting techniques.
- Try setting the DNS of your router to Slingshot DNS.
- Try setting your PPP routing manually.
- Try changing the MTU size to 1500.
- Try rebooting your router.
- While you're changing settings in your router, take the opportunity to change the default login to the router to increase security.
- Another really good idea for security is to enable the firewall on your router.
If you've tried all of the above troubleshooting steps and things are still wonky, please give our Technical Support team a call on 0800 89 4343 and they'll be able to take you through more advanced troubleshooting steps.
As cliche as it might sound, turning the modem on and off actually does work a lot of the time! If it does work it's definitely the easiest way to avoid getting Broadbangry!