How to change the login details for your NetComm router
Changing the default login details for your NetComm router will help increase the security of your Internet connection by using a password that only you know. The default login details are publicly accessible information, so anything with an Internet connection can find them!
To change the login details for your NetComm router, follow these easy steps.
- First, you'll need to login to your NetComm router.
- Once you're logged in, click on Management in the left-hand bar, and then click on Access Control. You'll see this screen:
- You'll see the Access Control -- Passwords screen.
- There are fields at the bottom of the screen, allowing you to change the username and password for any of the three logins to your router. Slingshot recommends changing only the passwords, and for only the admin and support users.
- You change the details by entering:
- Username of the user you wish to modify
- The new username - leave this the same
- Old Password - by default this will be admin
- New Password - change this to a secure password. A good password is at least 8 characters long, does not contain personal information, and includes lower and uppercase letters and numbers.
- Confirm the new password by re-entering it into the final field.
The form should look similar to this image:
- Once you've entered the details, click on the Apply/Save button. You're all done - if you click on Device Info in the left-hand menu, you'll now be prompted to log in to the router with the new details.
Click here to go back to the Best Practice troubleshooting steps.