Changing the 'Routing -- Default Gateway' in your NetComm modem/router
We've noticed that some customers have an incorrect "routing" set up in their NetComm router - this might cause issues browsing the 'net, so here's a reasonably simple fix that should help.
- First of all, you will need to log in to your routers web interface. If you're not sure on how to do this, read this article.
- Once you've logged in, you need to click on Advanced Setup in the left-hand navigation menu. This will open a list of more options - click on Routing, followed by Default Gateway.
- You'll see a screen something like this:
- There are two boxes, and you should see pppoa0 in one of these boxes. If it is in the right-hand box, please click on pppoa0 and then click the arrow that points to the left-hand box. This will move the pppoa0 to the left-hand side box.
- Once you've done this, click on the Apply/Save button in the bottom right.
- Now you will need to reboot your modem/router - you can do this by pushing the power button on the back of the modem.
- Once the modem/router is rebooted, check to see if you can browse. If you can - hooray! If not, please call our Tech Support team on 0800 89 2000 and let them know that this fix didn't work for you.
Click here to go back to the Best Practice troubleshooting steps.