Ultra Fast Fibre: SIP settings for home phone
We've included here the settings you'll need to set up your phone line on your Fibre modem.
[Please note] you'll need to give our tech guys a call on 0800 89 2000 to get your SIP password.
- The first thing you want to make sure of is that your phone is correctly plugged into your RGW. A correct configuration will look like this:
- Log in to your modem. If you received the modem from Slingshot then you just need to type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar of your web browser.
- The login details should be admin for the username and either admin or the last 6 digits of your modem's MAC address for the password. You can find the MAC address on the underside of the modem.
- Click on SIP Basic Settings
- Enter the following settings in the top section:
- Enter the following settings into the bottom section. [Note] For "Authentication Name" "Cid Name" and "Cid Number" enter your phone number with "64" in place of the leading 0 (in the first column only). Example: 6499290418
- Click the apply button down the bottom and you're almost ready to go
- Click on SIP Advanced settings
- Ensure that the "DTMF relay setting" is set to "RFC2833"
- Ensure that the "DTMF relay payload setting" is set to "101"