How can we help?
- Slingshot Emails: Find Your Way Around Webmail
- Why has my email address been archived?
- Slingshot Webmail: Not receiving emails from a particular email address
- What is SSL
- I've forgotten my username and/or Slingshot email address
- I'm not getting emails from Slingshot, how do I fix this?
- What is POP and what is IMAP?
- How do I back up my emails in Outlook?
- How do I back up my contacts in Outlook
- How to set up Slingshot email on your computer or device
- See more
Slingshot Emails: Find Your Way Around Webmail
Find out how you can login to your Slingshot Webmail account and send, reply to, forward, and delete emails.
Basics of Webmail
1. Log in to your Slingshot Webmail by entering your email username and password.
2. Check the 'I'm not a robot' checkbox and click Login to enter your emails.
1. When you are logged into your Slingshot Webmail, click Compose from the top left to open a new email.
2. Type in the email address of the person you're wanting to email in the To field. You can type in as many email addresses into this field as you desire. Separate each email with a comma.
3. Write the subject of your email in the Subject field.
4. In the large white box under Subject, type in the content of your email.
5. Click Send to submit your email.
1. Click the email you want to reply to and select the Reply icon, which looks like an arrow pointing to the left. If you're replying to many recipients, select the Reply all icon. This icon looks like two arrows pointing to the left.
2. Compose your email and select Send. Note: When replying to an email, some of the fields in the email are pre-filled:
- The sender and any CCd emails will be in the To field.
- The subject will already be in the subject field, but Re: will be at the start of the subject.
- The original email will be in the reply email. Compose your email in the space directly above the text.
1. Select the email you want to forward.
2. Select the Forward icon, which looks like an arrow pointing to the right.
3. Type the recipient(s) into the To field. You can type in as many email addresses into this field as you desire. Separate each email with a comma.
4. Compose your email and select Send.
Note: If you forward an email, some of the email's input fields are pre-filled:
- The subject will already be in the subject field, but Fwd: will be at the start of the subject.
- The original email will be in the forwarded email. Compose your email in the space directly above this text.
1. Select the email(s) you want to delete. To select multiple emails, hold down the 'Ctrl' key while you select the emails.
2. Click the Delete icon, which looks like a rubbish bin.
Note: Deleted emails will go to the trash folder. You can recover deleted emails by moving them back to your inbox from the trash folder.
An email filter is a way to categorise emails and place them in specific folders. You can filter emails using properties unique to those particular emails such as the sender's email address, the subject of the email, message content, etc.
1. Select the 'Settings' option from the top right.
2. Choose 'Filters' from the left-hand menu and click the '+' icon in the Filters column.
3. On the right-side a new window will appear named Filter definition. Begin by providing your filter a name in the Filter name field.
4. Complete the rules for your filter depending on the kind of emails you are filtering. The example below will move all emails from "firstname.lastname@example.org" to the Junk folder. Click Save to submit your changes.
You can use Slingshot Webmail to view and send emails, or use an email application. If you are using an email application, use these POP/SMTP or IMAP settings to configure your emails on your device.
- Username: This will be the first part of your email address, portion before the @ symbol. For example if your email address is email@example.com, your username would be rehkel.
- Name: This is the name you want to appear on your recipients email application when they receive an email from you. You can set it to your full name or your email address.
- Email address: Your complete Slingshot email address, for example firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Password: Your Slingshot email password.
There can be simple reasons that can lead to the inability to access Slingshot Webmail. We recommend going through this list and ensuring that you are logging in correctly.
- Ensure that you are entering only the first section of your email address in the Username field. For example if your email address is email@example.com, we would enter only rehkel.
- Ensure you are ticking the 'I'm not a robot' checkbox and completing the reCAPTCHA by selecting the appropriate images. The reCAPTCHA does dissapear after 30 minutes.
- If you have reset your email password, it does take up to 30 minutes for the password to update in our system. Wait 30 minutes and then try logging in again.
If you complete these steps and are still experiencing issues logging into Slingshot Webmail, please contact our team.
There are simple checks you can do that might help resolve this particular issue. Go through the checklist provided below and test to see if you can login.
- Ensure that your mailbox isn't 100%, if it is near 100%, please delete some emails. You can check your mailbox storage levels on the bottom left of your screen. If you are unable to delete emails, refer to the 'I can't delete my emails, what can I do?' section.
- Disable any additional filters you have created, ensuring the default '#1' filter is still active. The below photo shows the 'test' filter has been disabled.
In the event that you are not receiving emails from a particular sender, please confirm with the sender if they receive an error message when attempting to you. If you continue to not receive emails from a particular sender, provide our team with 3 examples within a 24 hour period in the format provided below.
- Date and time of email:
- Email address of sender:
- Email address of receiver:
- Subject of email:
There are numerous reasons that may cause your inability to send emails. We recommend going through these checks and determining if you can send emails.
- Send an email to yourself by placing your full Slingshot email address in the To field. If you did not receive this email after 10 minutes and your mailbox is not full, contact our team.
- Confirm if you are receiving an error message, an error message provides us with more information as to why this could be occurring. Example reasons can be the recipients mailbox is full, or your emails are being marked as spam by the receivers mail server.
- If you only experience issues emailing one particular email address and you are receiving no error messages, provide our team with 3 examples instances with the date & time, subject of the email and receiving and sending email addresses.
When an email mailbox is 100% full, we may come across issues in emptying our deleting items folder, which can be resolved by adopting this alternative approach.
- Click Settings and then choose Preferences. Select Server Settings from the options underneath Section.
- In the Main Options section of Server Settings. Check the "If moving messages to Trash fails, delete them" option and hit Save.
- Once you have completed this, click Mail and choose the Trash folder from the left hand side. Select the gear icon from the bottom left and choose Empty.
reCAPTCHA protects Slingshot email services and email accounts from spam and abuse. reCAPTCHA uses an advanced risk analysis engine and adaptive challenges to keep automated software from engaging in abusive activities on our customer accounts. It does this while letting our valid users pass through with ease.
We've added the reCAPTCHA service to the login section of our email platform to help protect your security. The service prevents automated systems from gaining access to your email account. That way your private information is kept private and you can avoid having nasties send lots of spam emails from your account (which, as well as being really annoying, can cause your email to become "Blacklisted" and you'll be unable to send anything at all!).
Still Need Help?
Get in touch with our customer support team.Submit an Email
Have you tried our app?
The My Slingshot App makes it easy to keep track of usage, payments, and loads of other handy things.
- Still have questions? The best way to get in touch with us is by email. Just choose the team you are wanting to reach and we will get back to you super-fast. Easy!