How can we help?
- PSTN Shutdown
- How can I hide my number?
- Restricted International Calling Destinations
- Easy Phone Features - Customise your Homeline
- My Homeline Is Not Working
- Scam and Nuisance Calls
- My phone keeps getting blocked because I'm exceeding my credit limit. What can I do?
- Do I need a router for my iTalk phone, and if so which one?
- How can I tell if my toll calls are with Slingshot?
- Can I change my home phone number?
- See more
Voicemail for your homeline
Learn how you can set up and check your voicemail messages. We provide voicemail services through the Slingshot network and our standard network. Depending on the network you are on will determine the steps you undertake.
To set up your voicemail, follow these simple steps. If you find that these steps do not work for, we suggest referring to the standard network steps outlined below.
1. Dial *55 from your home phone.2. Press 0 to access your mailbox options.
- Press 1 to set up your unavailable message
- Press 2 to set up your busy message
- Press 3 to set up your name
- Press 4 to set up a temporary greeting (for example, if you're going on holiday)
- Press 5 to change your PIN code
3. Press # after recording your message and follow the prompts to listen to your message. Once you are happy with your message, press 1 to save it.
If you set up a temporary greeting, it will become the default message as soon as it has been set. To remove the message, you will need to delete it.
1. Dial *55 from your home phone.
2. Press 1 to listen to messages in your current folder. In order to access voicemails in other folders, select option 2. The folder options are presented below:
- Press 0 for new messages
- Press 1 for old messages
- Press 2 for work messages
- Press 3 for family messages
- Press 4 for friends messages
- Press # to cancel
To check your voicemails from your mobile or another handset within New Zealand, follow the simple steps outlined below:
1. Dial 0288886245.
2. Enter your mailbox number. Your mailbox number is 64 followed by your home number (including the area code and excluding the 0 at the beginning). For example, if your home phone number is 09 123 1234, your mailbox number would be 6491231234.
Please note that you will be prompted for your PIN code. If you are unsure of your PIN code, you can reset it by calling *55 from your home phone. Choose option 0 from the main menu, then select option 5.
To set up your voicemail, follow these simple steps. If you find that these steps do not work for, we suggest referring to the Slingshot network steps outlined above.
1. Dial 083210 from your home phone.
2. Enter 1234 as your pin code, this is your temporary PIN for when you first dial in.
3. Choose a new PIN and decide whether you'd like to enable PIN protection for accessibility to your mailbox. We recommend not sharing your PIN to ensure your mailbox is secure.
4. Follow the voice prompts to set up your mailbox.
5. Record your name. You will hear your name when you call your mailbox to check your messages.
6. Record your personal greeting to welcome callers and invite them to leave you a voice message.
Note: You can change your personal greeting, mailbox name and PIN at anytime. Simply call 083210 from your home phone and select option 3 (personal options) from the main menu.
1. Dial 083210 from your home phone.
2. Enter your mailbox number and press #. Your mailbox number is your home phone number (including the area code and excluding the 0 at the beginning). For instance, if your home phone number is 09 123 1234, your mailbox number will be 91231234.
3. Enter your PIN code, by default this is 1234.
These steps will also apply if you are accessing your voicemail from another phone or mobile nationally.
Dial the country code you are calling, followed by 64, then 83 083210. Enter the mailbox number followed by the # key, and then the PIN code followed by the # key. For instance, calling from Australia, we would dial 61-64-83-083210-9-2018000-#-1234-#.
Have you tried our app?
The My Slingshot App makes it easy to keep track of usage, payments, and loads of other handy things.
- Still have questions? The best way to get in touch with us is by email. Just choose the team you are wanting to reach and we will get back to you super-fast. Easy!