How can we help?
- Frequent Disconnections & Internet Dropouts
- My Internet Is Not Working
- Watching Rugby World Cup 2019
- Port Filtering
- What is a LAN?
- How to manually configure the DNS in your router
- What does the Slingshot helpdesk support?
- How to configure a Static IP on a PC
- What is the difference between IPv4 and IPv6
- What is Malware/Spyware?
- See more
Slingshot Wiring Insurance
Wiring insurance is an optional add-on to your Slingshot home line and broadband services. It covers the cost of repairs for faulty wiring inside your home that could be impacting your Slingshot services.
Wiring Insurance Features
This optional assurance covers the cost of on-site repairs to faulty internal wiring relating to the homeline and broadband connection, up to and including the Jackpoint on the wall. This includes:
- Interference on your phone line or the line not working that is caused by the internal copper wiring and R11/BT Jackpoints.
- Broadband faults such as frequent disconnections to the broadband service or a loss of broadband connection caused from internal copper wiring or Jackpoint faults
- If your Splitter becomes faulty the cost of repair or replacement will be covered
- Wiring from the Jackpoint to other devices such as modems and computers.
- Ethernet wiring from the modem to other Ethernet sockets in your house
- Changes that are not related to a fault, such as moving, adding or changing sockets.
- Repairs to wiring or sockets that have not been installed to by a qualified technician.
- External cabling between your premises and another building on your property.
- Set-up of a new broadband connection and wiring at a new or existing premise.
- The purchase and installation of a Splitter.
- Repairing damage caused by natural disasters, building alterations, refurbishments, animals (including rodents), insects or vandalism, these are usually covered by insurance policies
Wiring Insurance FAQs
Wiring Insurance is highly recommended; it acts like insurance if something goes wrong with your internal wiring or sockets.
- For a small fee of $3.95 per month, Slingshot can arrange for a qualified telecommunications technician to come to your premises and repair your internal wiring and sockets.
- If you do not take Slingshot Wiring Insurance, you will be responsible for the repairs inside your premises. This means that if any repairs are required, you would arrange your own local electrician to carry out the work. Alternatively, you can request Slingshot to organise a technician to complete repairs although you will be liable for charges up to $230.
Wiring Insurance is $3.95 per month and you are required to retain this service for a minimum of 12 months.
You can add Wiring Insurance to your account during sign up or at anytime through your Slingshot My Account. Instructions for this have been provided below.
- Login to your Slingshot My Account.
- Choose My Plan from the options above.
- Select 'Change Now' on the 'Insurance' section.
- Choose Wiring Insurance and click Submit.
This will add Wiring Insurance to your Slingshot account immediately.
If a technician carries out repairs inside your premise, Slingshot will on-charge the costs involved. This can be up to $230.
Still Need Help?
Get in touch with our customer support team.Submit an Email
Have you tried our app?
The My Slingshot App makes it easy to keep track of usage, payments, and loads of other handy things.
- Still have questions? The best way to get in touch with us is by email. Just choose the team you are wanting to reach and we will get back to you super-fast. Easy!