How can we help?
- My internet is not working
- Solve Broadband Speed Issues
- How to fix slow Wi-Fi
- Where to place your modem for best Wi-Fi
- Frequent Disconnections & Internet Dropouts
- Why isn't YouTube loading?
- How to select the best Wi-Fi channel
- How to factory reset your 4G Wireless Broadband router
- What do the lights on my modem mean?
- How to find MAC address of router?
- See more
Help with Google Wifi
Google Wifi delivers seamless Wi-Fi coverage by creating a mesh network of individual Wi-Fi points that work together to spread a strong Wi-Fi signal throughout your home, so everyone can stream, share, and download.
Improved Wi-Fi coverage
- Enjoy a fast Wi-Fi signal in every room, on every device
- Helps solve Wi-Fi coverage issues commonly found in large New Zealand homes.
- Seamlessly transition between access points with Google Wifi's mesh technology
Increased Wi-Fi speeds
- Reduces the Wi-Fi speed bottleneck created when multiple devices connect to a single Wi-Fi access point
- Connects you to the fastest and least congested access point
Family-friendly controls for your Wi-Fi network
- Offers family-friendly controls to stay on top of the kids’ screen time and block unsavoury content.
- Decide when your kids have access by pausing Wi-Fi for specific devices or scheduling internet time-out during busy times like bedtime or homework time.
Simply plug in the Google Wifi units and they will create a mesh Wi-Fi network, providing seamless coverage throughout your home.
Frequently Asked Questions
Google Wifi comes with a standard 12-month warranty.
Warranty returns: We will replace your Google Wifi units with new or refurbished units functionally at least equivalent to yours.
Google Wifi is an expensive bit of kit, so we have made an affordable rental option for our customers. In the unlikely event that you no longer require Google Wifi or decide to leave Slingshot, you'll need to return the Google Wifi units to us. If you’d like to cancel, just call the team on 0800 89 2027 and we will send a return bag for your Google Wifi.
A $399.00 (incl. GST) fee applies if the units aren't returned.
Once you have set up Google Wifi, we highly recommend turning off your modem’s Wi-Fi so that it doesn’t interfere with Google Wifi’s mesh network. In My Slingshot, select Wi-Fi from the menu and turn your modem Wi-Fi off.
Family-friendly controls can be set up on the Google Home app. Find out more here.
The full Google Wifi spec sheet is available to view here.
The issue could be that your Wifi point isn’t properly connected. Check the power and Ethernet cables and make sure they’re securely in place. Find out how here.
In rare cases, you may have issues connecting to the setup network or get stuck on the “Checking Wifi point status” screen for several minutes. This could mean that your mobile device’s Wi-Fi is in an unstable state.
In general, tapping your mobile device’s back button and restarting the setup process can fix this. If that doesn’t work:
- Close the Google Home app. Ensure you fully quit the app.
- For Android, tap the Recent Apps button and swipe the Google Home app to close it.
- For iOS, double-tap the Home button and swipe upward on the Google Home app to close it.
- Open your mobile device’s Wi-Fi settings. Toggle the Wi-Fi switch OFF then ON.
- In the list of available networks, select any nearby connected networks and ‘forget’ them. You can keep your Wifi point’s setup network.
- Open the Google Home app, and try to set up your Wifi point again.
If you still need assistance, please contact Google online support.
If your Wifi point isn’t getting an internet connection from your modem:
- Unplug your modem and your Wifi point from power.
- Wait about 2 minutes. This will make sure your modem and Wifi point are fully off.
- Then plug the power cable back into only your modem and wait 1 minute.
- Plug the power cable into your Wifi point and wait 20 seconds for it to power on.
- If you're setting up a Wifi point, close the Google Home app and reopen it to attempt setup.
- Your Wifi point’s light will continually pulse blue when it’s ready for setup.
Check out this help article if you still have issues.
Simply follow the step-by-step instructions in the Google Home app.
Get the app!
Check your balance, manage payments, scan your Wi-Fi network and heaps more. You call the shots with the Slingshot app!
Still have questions?
The best way to get in touch with us is by email. Just choose the team you are wanting to reach and we will get back to you super-fast. Easy!
Scanning your Wi-Fi for Potentiial Issues is quick and easy.