How can we help?
Setting up My Slingshot
My Slingshot is our really easy to use online portal for managing your account where you can change your plan, monitor your usage, pay your bill, and more!
You'll receive an email once you've joined us to set up your account for the first time. Follow the link, create your password, and use your email address as the username to log in to My Slingshot.
If you didn't get the set up email or you need to change your password for any reason, use the 'Forgot Your Password?' link to reset it – easy!
If you only have your tolls or homeline with us, use your account number (found at the top right hand corner of your invoice) as the username and your Visibill password instead.How to setup your WiFi through MyAccount
Change your Wi-Fi name or password with My Wi-Fi
If you’re lucky enough to be using one of our latest modems (the Netcomm NF18), you’ll be able to update your network name and password as many times as you like via My Slingshot on our website or in the My Slingshot app.
Connecting your Wi-Fi
- First things first, if you haven’t connected to Wi-Fi yet, find the Wi-Fi settings or network finder on your device
- Select the Wi-Fi network ‘Your new Wi-Fi’ from the list
- Enter your Wi-Fi password (refer to your Wi-Fi access card included with your modem).
It’s time to personalise!
- Download the My Slingshot app from the App Store or Google Play on your mobile or tablet
- Log in (with your Slingshot account email and password) and find ‘My Wi-Fi’ in the right-hand menu
- Enter a new network name and password for your Wi-Fi
- Press ‘Save’.
Note: you’ll have to update your all your devices to the new network name and Wi-Fi password.
Follow these instructions if using the app to change your Wi-Fi settings isn’t working.
Make sure you’ve connected your device to the modem via cable or Wi-Fi before completing these steps.
- Open an internet browser and type in 192.168.1.1
- Enter the below user name and password:
Password: the last six digits of your modem’s MAC address (all lower case), which you’ll find on the bottom of modem
- Navigate to ‘Wireless’ in the left-hand menu
- Select ‘2.4 GHz’ on the left-hand menu under ’Wireless’
- Under ‘SSID’, enter your new Wi-Fi name, then click ‘Save’
- Click on ‘Security’ under 2.4 GHz in the left-hand menu
- Under ‘WPA/WAPI passphrase’, enter a new Wi-Fi password and click ‘Save’
- Repeat the process from step 5 for the ‘5 GHz’ section. Make sure the Wi-Fi name (SSID) and password are identical to the ‘2.4 GHz’ Wi-Fi. Your devices will connect to the most suitable network automatically. If you’d like help setting up advanced features of the NF18 which Slingshot does not support, click here to be taken to Netcomm's support page.
Log into My Slingshot and you'll find your data and calling usage on the dashboard underneath your billing details (or your power plan if you have the service).
The left hand side displays a graph that allows you monitor how much internet your household is using on a daily basis and stores historical usage for reference.
On the right hand side you'll find your calling activity (if you have a homeline) which shows the number of calls you've made locally, nationally, to mobiles, and overseas. The charges are displayed below each type of call and totaled at the bottom. If you have a calling pack, charges for that type of call will remain at $0.00 until you start going over your included minutes.
Need something else?
Check out other setup information, changes you can make online, or some helpful tips:Your details in My Slingshot
You'll find your details by clicking on My Details in the pie menu at the top right hand corner of the dashboard once you've logged into My Slingshot.
Your email address is the username you'll use to log into My Slingshot and where we'll send your bill reminder. The street address should be where your services are connected and what we'll use for courier deliveries.
Feel free to change or update your landline and mobile numbers at anytime as they are our main points of call with the occasional text update being sent to your mobile. You'll need to email us if your name, email, or address needs to be updated or changed.
The two links at the top allow you authorise someone that can speak on your behalf and change your account password.
You can add anyone onto your account to handle general queries or make changes without needing your confirmation.
They'll be able to request order details, troubleshoot issues, add or remove services on the account (except power and services that require a contract change), change the payment method, and pay the bill.
They won't be able to get any of your private information, accept charges or a new contract, move your services, cancel your account, or request a refund.
Need something else?
Check out other setup information, changes you can make online, or some helpful tips:
Get the app!
Check your balance, manage payments, scan your Wi-Fi network and heaps more. You call the shots with the Slingshot app!
- Still have questions? The best way to get in touch with us is by email. Just choose the team you are wanting to reach and we will get back to you super-fast. Easy!