How can we help?
Slingshot's Summer Shout
Our Slingshot Summer Shout promotion has ended. Selected plans were eligible for a free summer gift, choosing from a range of BBQs, Smart watches and Tablets. Terms and conditions apply - click here for full details.
Frequently Asked Questions
In the unlikely event that you choose to leave Slingshot before the end of your contract, you will be charged an early termination fee based on your plan type and gift type. The below table outlines the different early termination fees:
Offer Product Contract ETF BBQ - Weber® Compact Kettle DSL Broadband Broadband 24 month $399 BBQ - Weber® Compact Kettle Fibre Broadband Broadband 24 month $449 BBQ - Weber® Baby Q™ (Q1000AU) DSL Broadband and Power Broadband 12 month $499 BBQ - Weber® Baby Q™ (Q1000AU) Fibre Broadband and Power Broadband 12 month $549 BBQ - Weber® Original Premium Kettle DSL Broadband and Power Broadband 24 month $549 BBQ - Weber® Original Premium Kettle Fibre Broadband and Power Broadband 24 month $599 Tablet - Amazon Fire HD 10 DSL Broadband Broadband 24 month $399 Tablet - Amazon Fire HD 10 Fibre Broadband Broadband 24 month $449 Tablet - Amazon Fire HD 10 DSL Broadband and Power Broadband 12 month $499 Tablet - Amazon Fire HD 10 Fibre Broadband and Power Broadband 12 month $549 Tablet - Chromebook 100E Laptop DSL Broadband and Power Broadband 24 month" $549 Tablet - Chromebook 100E Laptop Fibre Broadband and Power Broadband 12 month $599 Smartwatch - Fitbit Charge 2 DSL Broadband Broadband 24 month $399 Smartwatch - Fitbit Charge 2 Fibre Broadband Broadband 24 month $449 Smartwatch - Fitbit Versa DSL Broadband and Power Broadband 12 month" $499 Smartwatch - Fitbit Versa Fibre Broadband and Power Broadband 12 month" $549 Smartwatch - Fitbit Iconic DSL Broadband and Power Broadband 24 month $549 Smartwatch - Fitbit Iconic Fibre Broadband and Power Broadband 24 month $599
The promotional gifts are covered by normal manufacturer’s warranty. Please consult with the manufacturer if you experience any issues with the gift you receive.
If you have a support query about your Summer Shot gift, then this should be directed towards the manufacturer.
Learn all about Fibre Broadband and what is involved in the installation procedure.
Frequently Asked Questions
Fibre is the best broadband service available on our network, delivering our most superior internet performance. Fibre provides a reliable, consistent experience throughout the day and allows you to get all your tasks completed online much faster.
You can sign up for Fibre online by selecting the plan you require and entering your address. Alternatively, you can also sign up with our Sales team on 0800 89 6000. When you submit an order with our team for Fibre services, we will then request your local Fibre company to complete the installation.
- With Fibre broadband the home phone operates over the Fibre internet connection and the copper line is removed/reutilized to complete your Fibre installation.
- If you have a medical alarm or security system running through your landline, we recommend contacting your manufacturer to confirm if it will operate over the Fibre network.
- Homeline services through the Fibre network also do not operate in the event of a power outage.
Fibre connections generally take 5-10 business days for remote connections (when an Optical Network Terminal is already installed in the premise). If you require the Optical Network Terminal to be installed, the installation can take up to 3 months depending on consents.
There are a variety of methods to install Fibre and we will choose the best option for each property. The installation plan of the Fibre connection is agreed with you before the work begins.You can read more about Chorus Fibre installation methods here.
- You can certainly retain your existing phone number with any upgrade to Fibre requests.
- We will supply you with a modem rental for a one-off delivery cost of $14.95.
Fibre broadband uses optical fibre technology which is the fastest and most reliable internet service currently available. The broadband speeds you experience are dependent on the the plan you select and a range of factors such as the number of devices connected to the internet, your modem and cables, your computer/device and any applications/programs running in the background.
You can test your broadband speeds at anytime here. Listed below are our recommendations for the most accurate results:
- Make sure nobody else is online.
- Use an Ethernet cable to plug a computer into your modem.
- Ensure that there are no programs, applications or other web pages running on your computer at the time of the test.
This article explains how you can follow up on the progress of your connection and track the delivery of your modem.
Track my Order
New connections take 5-10 working days to complete and we will notify you over email and text message once we receive a scheduled connection date from Chorus (installation company). The Chorus technician completes the connection at the exchange and in the event that site access is required, the technician will be in contact with you to arrange this. For updates on the progress of your connection, send our team an email.
Fibre connections take 5-10 working days to complete and can be take longer than a month if consents are required or the installation is complex. We will update you with your installation appointments over email.
We will notify you over email and text message once we receive a scheduled connection date from your local installation company. If you wish to reschedule your connection, you can do so by following the advise provided below:
ADSL and VDSL
Send our team an email and we will contact Chorus on your behalf to request your desired connection date. Please note that rescheduling is based on Chorus technician availability in your area.
You can reschedule your Fibre connection scoping and installation dates through your Slingshot My Account. Login to your My Account and click the Reschedule button. If you experience any issues while attempting to reschedule your connection dates, send our team an email.
We will dispatch your modem closer to your scheduled connection date. Once your modem has been sent, an email will be delivered to you with your delivery address and the Track and Trace number. If you have not received this email, you can track your modem delivery via your Slingshot My Account.
It is also important to note that modem deliveries do not require a signature. Therefore, the modem will still be delivered to you even if you are not at home.
That's awesome news! With all connection types when the physical installation is complete to the home, we must still wait for the local service company to update their records internally for the broadband service to operate. We will confirm over text message and email once your services are ready to use.
Learn how you can sign up with Slingshot and enjoy the benefits of excellent broadband with great service!
Frequently Asked Questions
You can join us here at Slingshot by simply signing up online via our website, or by calling our friendly Sales team on 0800 89 6000.
There are no joining fees at Slingshot, as we are always happy to extend our Slingshot team! Although depending on the service you sign up for, there may be an installation charge. We will always inform you of any installation fees during your sign up or prior to the connection taking place.
Dependent on your internet usage, we have plans that are suitable for every household. Our plans range from 150GB plans for limited data users, to Unlimited plans for higher data users. You can also change your plan at anytime through your Slingshot My Account.
Here at Slingshot, we proudly offer the following additional services to you:
- Broadband with Landline services
- Mobile plans
- Power services
We also offer optional add-ons such as Anti-virus, Wiring & Maintenance insurance, and Family Filter.
On our ADSL & VDSL plans, the speeds are dependent on your area based on your distance from the exchange.
On our Fibre plans, we offer 100Mbps Download / 20Mbps Upload. You can also add a Gigantic boost to your plan which allows up to 900Mbps download / 450Mbps Upload.
Generally new connections take 5-10 working days to complete, from the time you sign up with Slingshot. We will notify you over text and email once a connection date is provided from Chorus. Fibre connections that require consent can take up to 3 months to complete.
We believe you pay enough for your services which is why we offer free rental modems to our customers, although there is a one off $14.95 shipping and handling fee. As these are rental modems, we require these modems to be returned when/if you decide to leave Slingshot - We hope we can keep you!
Learn about our change of ownership process and how you can transfer your account to someone else.
Update The Name On My Bill
In order to change the ownership of your Slingshot account into another name, you will be required to complete our change of ownership form.
Here is a checklist of the details you will require to complete the change of ownership form.
- New account holders name
- New account holders contact number
- New account holders email address
We will then be in touch with the intended account holder to process the change of ownership request. Once the change of ownership request is complete, we will contact you with the results.
Please note that any outstanding balance on the account must be cleared before the account ownership can be transferred, and by completing the change of ownership form you agree to the terms outlined below.
- You are authorising the person whose details you are providing to take full ownership of your Slingshot account.
- You agree to remain liable for all charges on your Slingshot account incurred up until the date of transfer.
- You understand that you will lose access to the Slingshot account and all information relating to it including emails.
- This request is not complete until the services are transferred to the new account holder and approval of this request is subject to credit checks on the new account holder.
In order to take ownership of an existing Slingshot account, you will be required to complete our change of ownership form.
- Your address (address where you currently or previously resided):
- Address of services (address of services you are taking over):
- Account number (account number of services you are taking over):
- Digital copy of your NZ drivers license or passport
We will then be in we will be in touch with you and the account holder to process the change of ownership request. Once the change of ownership request is complete, we will contact you with the results.
Please note that any outstanding balance on the account must be cleared before the account ownership can be transferred, and by completing the change of ownership form you agree to the terms outlined below.
- You authorise Slingshot to perform a credit check and understand that the approval of this request is subject to credit checks.
- You certify that all information is provided is true and to the best of your knowledge.
- You agree to be responsible for all charges relating to the Slingshot account once the ownership of the account has been transferred.
- You comply to be bound by the connection terms and conditions applicable to the Slingshot account, as well as any contract terms and pricing plans active on the account. You can find our current terms and conditions here.
- You understand that you will be required to pay all charges associated with the Slingshot account including although not limited to, monthly fees, delayed charges such as toll calls or data blocks, and any early termination fees which may apply if the account is cancelled before the end of the contract term.
- You accept that there might be charges associated with the process of relocating your services to another address.
When you signed up with us you would've been asked to commit to a contract. This means that you have agreed to remain a Slingshot broadband customer for a minimum of 12 months or more. The contract begins the day your services have been connected.
You can change your data allowance at any time without any effect on your contract.
If you cancel your broadband account prior to the conclusion of the contract term, you will be charged an early termination fee of $199 - $250 , depending on what type of broadband you have at your home.
When moving house or your phone line, you will not be charged early termination fees when you sign into a 12 month contract, The only exception is if the address you move to has fibre available, and you choose to select ADSL or VDSL instead.
For a full list of our terms & conditions, click here.
To see our move fees, click here.
For information about Slingshot modem rentals, click here.Slingshot Family Filter
Slingshot's Family Filter is an innovative filtering service that protects your family from the undesirable corners of the internet.
Frequently Asked Questions
Family Filter provides a non-intrusive first line of defence for your home against the more unsavoury corners of the internet. When Family Filter is ON it protects your family against:
- R16+ sites, pornography, and nudity
- Known hacked or infected websites
- Dating, drugs, gambling, alcohol, tobacco sites
- Websites about hacking, dark web, and other illegal activity
- Suicide and self-harm sites
Family Filter is $5 per month and we are currently offering the first 12 months of this service free of cost.
You can enable Family Filter through your Slingshot My Account at anytime. Login to your My Account and from the main page you can subscribe to the Family Filter service. You can disable the Family Filter at anytime through your Slingshot My Account by unsubscribing to this service.
We cannot guarantee that we can block 100% of all unsafe and unsavory material online although we try our best, and block the vast majority. If you do come across a site that should or shouldn't be blocked please email URLreview@familyfilter.net.nz
We strongly recommend ensuring all your devices are up to date with security software installed. Family Filter is a first line defense for intrusive content and is not designed to replace internet security or anti-virus softwares.
Please note, we are also a member of the Telecommunications Disputes Resolution. The Telecommunications Disputes Resolution is a free and independent service that all customers can use if you are dissatisfied with how any issues are being dealt with.
For more details on this service, please visit their website here
Important Note: Nothing in this process reduces or takes away any rights you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, or your right to make a claim to a court.Medical Dependency Register
The Medical Dependency Register is for Slingshot Homeline customers who have a diagnosed life-threatening medical condition and are at risk of rapid deterioration and their life may be at risk without access to a home phone service.
What is a Medical Dependency Register?
Slingshot will endeavour to contact customers on the Medical Dependency Register if their account is overdue and before their home phone service is restricted or cancelled.
Registering with the Medical Dependency Register does not guarantee service continuity. Although less likely, services may still be suspended for non-payment or due to a fault / network outage. Customers who have a medical dependency on their home phone should also have a mobile phone, in the event that their home phone service is unavailable. Registering with the Medical Dependency Register does not make Slingshot liable for any loss as a result of services not being provided.
Registering with the Medical Dependency Register reduces the likelihood of a customer’s home phone service being disconnected for non-payment but it does not mean that other services will not be terminated, such as Broadband.
Customers must apply to be on the Slingshot Medical Dependency Register. If a customer on the Medical Dependency Register moves address or the name of the account holder changes then they will need to reapply.
Slingshot does not charge customers to be on the Medical Dependency Register, although their doctor may charge a fee for a medical certificate to support their application.
Slingshot will use your health information for the purposes of determining your eligibility to be included on the Medical Dependency Register, administering the Register and deciding whether services will be provided including at times of non-payment.
The following medical conditions are indicative of reasons why a customer will want to be on the Slingshot Medical Dependency Register:
- People who are known to be at high risk of respiratory emergencies
- People who are known to be at high risk of mental health disorders
- People who are dependent on medical technology in the home
- People who are known to suffer from conditions which may cause them to suddenly lose consciousness
- People who are at a high risk of cardiovascular emergencies
- People with a known medical condition who live alone without the necessary support of others including those in remote locations
This form is to be completed by the Slingshot Homeline Account Holder or their Representative. It requires proof to be attached from a Medical Practitioner confirming that someone who lives at the address is dependent on telephone access for critical medical support. Once the completed form is received together with a medical certificate and assuming it is deemed by us to fit our criteria of when a customer should be placed on the Medical Dependency Register the person will be placed on the Register for 1 year maximum.
Please download and email the completed form and medical certificate to:
email@example.com or post to:
- Private Bag 108-109
- Symonds Street
- Attention: Collections Team
Can I make 0900, accept collect calls and 018 directory assistance calls with Slingshot?
Yes you can!
Charges for these calls will simply appear on your next Slingshot monthly bill.
It takes up to 5 working days to connect your toll calling service with Slingshot. If you're eager to know when your tolls are with us, you can dial the national FREE test line:07 832 0000, and a recorded message will let you know which company you're with. If it says Slingshot then you're good to go!
You can keep your home phone number if you’re in the same house and moving providers to Slingshot but some conditions may apply if you’re moving area.
If you wish to keep your number, the number needs to be active with your current provider.
If you’re moving on to Naked Broadband then you are not provided a phone line.
If you have any questions Click here to email the Slingshot Sales team.Bills from my last provider
Learn about the transfer of your broadband services to Slingshot.
You may still incur charges from your previous provider if you have additional services with them, such as mobile phone services or broadband. Please contact your previous provider if you have any queries about these charges.
Generally in changing providers there are no charges involved in this process. If there are any charges involved, we will inform you prior to the connection being completed. If you find that you have concerns relation to your invoice, we recommend contacting our team
Dependent on your previous provider, there may be a required notice period or an early termination fee, therefore we recommend confirming this information with them before signing up.
Slingshot will take care of your transfer of services and this normally will result in the cancellation of your last service provider account. We strongly recommend contacting your previous provider to ensure your account has been cancelled with them once you are connected with Slingshot.
Tollfree numbers can terminate onto either a land line or mobile phone that you specify.
Please note, if you opt to have these calls terminate at a Mobile, the per minute charge doubles.
Below are our per minute rates:
- Any NZ landline to tollfree - $0.18 p/minute
- Payphone to tollfree - $0.18 p/minute
- NZ Mobile to tollfree - $0.48 p/minute
All tollfree numbers have a $25 minimum spend per month.
To add a tollfree number to your account, simply send our team an email.
Slingshot, it's a better place. It's vibrant, exciting, and dynamic.
We're in business to give New Zealanders a better deal on their phone and Internet services, and we like to create a working environment that's a better place for our employees.
If, like us, you're a progressive thinker, you're always looking for new ways to make things better, you love working with people and you want to grow then you'll fit in well at Slingshot.
The dynamic nature of our industry, evolving technology, and the responsibility we place on our people's shoulders means you will achieve more than you thought you were capable of. Many of our people move upwards with Slingshot to take on senior roles.
We are an inclusive company, we welcome cultural diversity and we reward high achievers.
We are always on the look out for enthusiastic, smart, and motivated customer service people and technical staff. All you need is flawless spoken and written English; a passion for helping people; preferable experience in customer services or call centre work; and a zest for solving problems.
We would love to hear from you!
Your LSP (losing service provider) account details are the name, phone number and account number from your previous provider. We may need these details before we can set up your tolls or broadband with Slingshot if you are transferring your services across.
If you are unsure of what these details are or if you suspect they may have changed due to a move or change in phone number call your old provider and they should be able to let you know.
Gigantic Fibre is the fastest broadband plan we offer – it’s capable of download speeds up to 900 Mbps and upload speeds up to 450 Mbps.
Our Gigantic Fibre plan has no data caps – it’s totally unlimited, with no hidden usage policies. That makes it perfect for households with heavy internet users (or if you just fancy having the quickest connection).
How do I get connected?
If you already have fibre the process is very quick and easy – it’ll only take a few days to get you up and running on Gigantic Fibre.
If you’re not yet set up on fibre, we’ll need to get it installed in your house. That process can take a bit longer, but we reckon it’s well worth it.
New to Slingshot
If you’re in a fibre-capable area you can go ahead and sign up online or give our friendly Sales team a call on 0800 89 6000.
For the clever folk already with Slingshot, head to My Slingshot to order your upgrade or give the team a call on 0800 89 6000.
Note: fibre customers in Ultrafast Fibre and Northpower areas may need to have a technician come out to install a new ONT (that’s the fibre box installed on your wall).
Will I need a new modem?
We’ll send you a free rental fibre-capable modem if you’re new to Slingshot, or if you’re already with Slingshot but your current modem isn’t fibre-capable. You’ll just need to pay a one-off $14.95 postage and handling fee.Copyright (Infringing File Sharing) Amendment Act 2011
Maximum speeds will vary and are affected by various factors, including how your device is connected to the internet (e.g. using an Ethernet cable is far better than using Wi-Fi), the capabilities of your device, the number of devices connected, the time of day, and where the data is downloaded from.
You may have heard that the Government has passed a law called the Copyright (Infringing File Sharing) Amendment Act 2011. This law allows the owners of copyrighted material (often called 'rights owners') to enforce their rights against people who use file sharing applications to illegally download copyrighted material (content).
Slingshot respects the rights of all property owners to determine how and if they make their property available; however our main responsibility is to you, our customer.
As an account holder you should know that the law says:
- Liability for alleged copyright infringement lies with the person who 'owns' the Internet account. If the account is in your name then the liability, according to the law, is with you, no matter who pays the bill or who used your account, whether with or without your permission.
- Rights owners can record the Internet Protocol (IP) address of who has downloaded their content and pass this on to the Internet Service Provider, (such as Slingshot) which owns that IP address so that a notice can be sent.
- All Internet Service Providers (Internet Protocol Address Providers as defined in the Act), including Slingshot, must action an infringement notice received from a rights owner, which may include sending you an infringement notice.
Please note: We do not proactively monitor what you download using your Slingshot Internet connection. The new law does not change this, but it does require us to send 'notices' on behalf of the owners of copyrighted material.
If you have any questions or concerns about the new law you can contact the Ministry of Economic Development.
If you have any questions about the availability of copyright material in New Zealand you can contact the Copyright council.
Finally, if you or others using your Internet connection do not use it to download copyright infringing material then you have nothing to worry about.
If you have any specific questions relating to the notification process at Slingshot please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright Infringement Notices
If you are a rights owner you can click here to submit a copyright infringement notice.
Currently we report on Copyright Acts requests annually.
We don’t publish an in-depth report into other requests. That’s not to say we never will, but at the moment we believe our time is better spent on key ISP business, and not introducing reporting that ultimately will be funded by our customers.
In general, we release information to third parties like the New Zealand Police and Courts when we are required to by New Zealand law.Do you use the DIA’s Digital Child Exploitation Filter?
We don’t currently, no.
We fully support the filter's intention, which is to prevent people accessing child exploitation material on the Internet. However, we understand there are a number of concerns about the effectiveness and operation of the proposed filter.
Currently we do not have enough detail to be able to address these concerns to our comfort. This is why we have not implemented the filter.
We do however provide an objectionable material filter that can be turned on in the members section of our website.Do you publish a security vulnerability disclosure policy?
We have a policy, based on the NZITF Disclosure Guidelines.
We are committed to protecting our community and users. If you are a security expert or security researcher and you believe you have discovered a security related issue with our websites, network, CPE, or other systems, we appreciate your help in reporting the issue to us responsibly.
We ask the security research community give us an opportunity to correct issues and vulnerabilities before publicly disclosing it. If you give us reasonable time to respond to your report before making any information public, and make a good faith effort to avoid privacy violations, destruction of data, and interruption or degradation of our service during your research, we will not bring any lawsuit against you, or ask law enforcement to investigate you.
The best method for contacting our security team is via email. You may encrypt your email to us with PGP if you wish to protect the contents of your email. We are also open to anonymous reports, so long as we have a valid method of corresponding with you (e.g. an anonymous email relay service).
CallPlus Security Team <NetworkSecurity@callplus.co.nz> (E24A7B33)Slingshot Forms and Documents
You can use this key to encrypt and secure our messages.
To start using it, you'll need to install an OpenPGP software on your computer. Below you'll find a list of possible solutions for your operating system:
OS X https://ssd.eff.org/en/module/how-use-pgp-mac-os-x
Please import the public key into your local OpenPGP Key-Manager.
Below are some handy forms and documents. If you would like to save one to your computer just right click the link and select "Save Link as".
This page outlines Slingshots current promotional Terms and conditions, as well as any additional terms relating specifically to any promotions customers may currently have.
Standard Promotional Terms and Conditions
- By entering a promotion with Slingshot (the Competition), you are subject to these general promotional terms and conditions and any specific terms advertised with the promotion (together, the Competition Terms) and entry into the Competition is deemed as acceptance of these Competition Terms.
- Slingshot may refuse entry to the Competition to New Zealand residents aged under 18 years old and employees of any Vocus Communications Limited New Zealand group companies and their immediate families or any other persons involved with the Competition. Slingshot reserves the right to verify the validity of entries.
- Entries received after any closing time advertised with the promotion will be ineligible for entry.
- If the prize includes a Slingshot plan, the exact Slingshot plan will depend on what broadband services are available at the winner’s address. The winner will be liable for all costs associated with the prize that exceeds the base value of the prize (for example, a winner will be liable for all costs involved above $89.95 for a prize that consists of an $89.95 per month plan).
- The prize is non-transferable for cash. If applicable, the prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the Slingshot Broadband service available at https://www.slingshot.co.nz/terms-and-conditions/broadband (General Terms). Any failure by the winner to comply with these Competition Terms or the General Terms may result in the prize being forfeit.
- The judge’s decision of the winner of the Competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Slingshot is entitled to, in its absolute discretion, change these Competition Terms (including without limitation substituting the prize offered with a prize that it believes is of similar value or benefit) or to cancel the Competition at any time without prior notification. No claim may be made against Slingshot or any of its agents, contractors, employees or other representatives in connection with such change or cancellation as mentioned above.
- The prize must be redeemed within three months of being announced, after which time the prize may be forfeited (at Slingshot’s discretion) and a further draw may be conducted to find a new winner.
- Slingshot accepts no responsibility or liability for any winner’s enjoyment of the prize or any other costs and expenses (including taxes) that may be incurred by the winner relating to the prize or the winner’s enjoyment of that prize.
- To the extent permitted by law, Slingshot, its employees and agents, exclude any liability they may have to you arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with the Competition. This exclusion applies to any losses, costs, or damages you may claim for (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) and however the liability arises, or might arise if it were not of this exclusion.
- The promotor of this Competition is Slingshot Limited, 34 Sale Street, Auckland 1010.
- By entering any of Slingshot’s Facebook competitions or giveaways you are deemed to have agreed to these terms and conditions.
- Your comment or entry must not contain any obscene or defamatory content. Slingshot may remove any comments deemed inappropriate, offensive, or not in line with the spirit of the competition, that tampers with the entry process, or that fails to comply with these terms and conditions. The prize and start/finish dates for the competition will be clearly stated in the post.
- Entries must be made within the specified start/finish dates. Slingshot is not responsible for late, misdirected or failed entries due to equipment or user error. Winners will be contacted via Facebook. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner does not reply within 48 hours of being notified another winner may be drawn. Prizes are not redeemable for cash.
- Entrants must live and have a residential address in New Zealand. Unless stated otherwise, an entrant does not have to be a Slingshot customer to enter. Vocus Group employees and immediate family members are not eligible to enter. The competition winner’s name and basic details may be used for promotional purposes on Slingshot social platforms.
- The competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You completely release Facebook from any and all liability associated with this competition.
- Slingshot broadband discount offers are only available for new Slingshot customers.
- Mobile credits are only available in conjunction with our broadband plans. If your broadband plan is cancelled or not connected, mobile credits will discontinue.
- Minimum 12 Month contract applies.
- Broadband Discount offers are not valid with any other offers or promotions (a maximum of one offer per new customer).
- Discounts will be applied for the promotional period you signed up for, after this standard broadband pricing will apply.
- Slingshot standard terms and conditions apply
- Modem rental is included and is subject to a non-return fee of $100 (incl GST). Modem shipping fee of $14.95 (incl GST) applies.
- If you terminate or switch your services during your contract, you’ll need to pay an early termination fee (DSL $199, Fibre $250)
- Offer valid for new Slingshot customers only.
- Not available with any other offers.
- An early termination fee for your broadband service of $199 for ADSL/VDSL and $250 for Fibre applies if you cancel broadband during your 12- or 24-month contract.
- One-off modem shipping fee of $14.95 (incl. GST) applies.
- Slingshot standard terms and conditions apply.
- Full terms available at slingshot.co.nz terms.
- Up to $200 free power in a month - credit must be redeemed in the first month of being a customer. This will display on your bill as a power credit up to the value of $200. If you remove Slingshot Power within 12-months there will be a clawback equal to the value of your free power (up to $200).
- One year’s free mobile plan - redeemed over 12 months at $25/month. This will display on your bill as two monthly mobile credits, one for $5/month and one for $20/month. If you remove Slingshot Mobile at any time during the 12-month contract you will lose both the $5/month mobile credit and the $20/month mobile credit applied to your plan.
- Google Wifi comes with a minimum 12-month contract on broadband. Early broadband termination fee of $199.00 for VDSL/ADSL or $250.00 for fibre will apply should you wish to cancel your broadband contract.
- Google Wifi (3-pack) has a $15.00 (incl. GST) ¬¬monthly rental.
- The promotion is valid for a limited time only, is subject to change by Slingshot without notice and is not valid with any other offers.
- Google Wifi (3-pack) device is owned by Slingshot. You’ll need to return the Google Wifi hardware if you no longer require Google Wifi or wish to cancel your broadband account. There is a $399.00 (incl. GST) Google Wifi non-return fee.
- Google Wifi (3-pack) has a one-off postage and packaging fee of $14.95 (incl. GST).
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Slingshot excludes all liability arising directly or indirectly in connection with the use of the Google Wifi (3-pack) device.
- Slingshot cannot guarantee the functioning or performance of the Google Wifi (3-pack) device and is not responsible for the Google Wifi service in any way whatsoever.
- Modem rental is included with your broadband plan and is subject to a non-return fee of $100.00 (incl. GST). Modem shipping fee of $14.95 (incl. GST) applies.
- Google Wifi is for personal use only, and not to be used for any commercial purposes.
- Slingshot Standard Terms and Conditions apply.
Promotions No Longer Offered
- Google Chromecast comes with a minimum 24-month contract and is only available to new residential Slingshot Fibre Unlimited customers..
- Google Chromecast is not valid with any other offers or promotions (a maximum of one per new customer).
- Google Chromecast will be shipped once an internet connection is established.
- Slingshot does not offer support for setting up the Google Chromecast.
- If you terminate or switch your services during your contract, you’ll need to pay an early termination of $250.
- To the extent permitted by law, Slingshot, its employees and agents, exclude any liability they may have to you arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with the Google Chromecast. This exclusion applies to any losses, costs, or damages you may claim for (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) and however the liability arises, or might arise, if it were not of this exclusion.
- Amazon Fire HD 10 Tablet promotion is valid if you sign up to new Broadband plan 24-month term or if you select Power and Broadband on a 12 month term.
- Lenovo 100e Chromebook promotion is valid if you sign up to Power and Broadband on a 24 month term.
- Weber BBQ promotion is valid if you sign up to new Broadband plan 24-month term or if you select Power and Broadband on a 12 month term or 24 month term.
- Fitbit promotion is valid if you sign up to new Broadband plan 24-month term or if you select Power and Broadband on a 12 month term or 24 month term.
- Promotional hardware will need to be redeemed by replying to an email confirming hardware selection and hardware delivery address.
- Promotional hardware device will be shipped once an internet connection is established.
- Slingshot Summer Promotion is only available for new Slingshot customers.
- You must redeem your promotional hardware within three months of your account being created. After this time, you are no longer eligible to receive promotional hardware.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Slingshot excludes all liability arising directly or indirectly in connection with the use of the Promotional hardware devices.
- Promotional hardware is covered by normal manufacturers warranty.
- Slingshot Standard Terms and Conditions apply.
- Only while stocks last. If we are unable to provide the exact model of promotional hardware specified we will contact you to arrange a secondary choice of product.
- If you terminate or switch your services during your contract, you’ll need to pay an early termination fee. This early termination fee varies depending on which promotional hardware you receive as part of that offer, and these are shown below:
Offer Product Contract ETF BBQ - Weber® Compact Kettle DSL Broadband Broadband 24 month $350 BBQ - Weber® Compact Kettle Fibre Broadband Broadband 24 month $399 BBQ - Weber® Baby Q™ (Q1000AU) DSL Broadband and Power Broadband 12 month $499 BBQ - Weber® Baby Q™ (Q1000AU) Fibre Broadband and Power Broadband 12 month $549 BBQ - Weber® Original Premium Kettle DSL Broadband and Power Broadband 24 month $549 BBQ - Weber® Original Premium Kettle Fibre Broadband and Power Broadband 24 month $599 Tablet - Amazon Fire HD 10 DSL Broadband Broadband 24 month $399 Tablet - Amazon Fire HD 10 Fibre Broadband Broadband 24 month $449 Tablet - Amazon Fire HD 10 DSL Broadband and Power Broadband 12 month $499 Tablet - Amazon Fire HD 10 Fibre Broadband and Power Broadband 12 month $549 Tablet - Chromebook 100E Laptop DSL Broadband and Power Broadband 24 month" $549 Tablet - Chromebook 100E Laptop Fibre Broadband and Power Broadband 12 month $599 Smartwatch - Fitbit Charge 2 DSL Broadband Broadband 24 month $399 Smartwatch - Fitbit Charge 2 Fibre Broadband Broadband 24 month $449 Smartwatch - Fitbit Versa DSL Broadband and Power Broadband 12 month" $499 Smartwatch - Fitbit Versa Fibre Broadband and Power Broadband 12 month" $549 Smartwatch - Fitbit Ionic DSL Broadband and Power Broadband 24 month $549 Smartwatch - Fitbit Ionic Fibre Broadband and Power Broadband 24 month $599
As part of s122 of the Copyright Act, attached below is Slingshot's annual compliance report.
Need some assistance? Our help desk is based right here in New Zealand, and getting in touch is super easy!
Yes we are able to supply static IPv4 addresses on Slingshot Broadband upon request. We don't currently provide static IPv6 address, however we do provide IPv6 addresses as part of your service. If you wish to do this please contact us on 0800 89 2000 or contact us https://www.slingshot.co.nz/contact/contact.
Which broadband connection type is best for me?
An additional charge of $10 per month will apply for a static IP.
This connection type should be sufficient if you have less than 5 active jack points in your house, and don't have a monitored alarm connected to your home phone line.
A line filter will be required in all active phone jacks in the house. All modems supplied by Slingshot include one line filter that can be used for one jack point.
If you are transferring from another provider, the connection is FREE!
If it is a brand new connection it is $52.00.
Connection and Wiring: From $199
This option may be required in some cases due to the wiring in your house, distance from the phone exchange, or other factors beyond Slingshot's control. With this option a Chorus technician will come to your home and separate the phone line from the broadband line, giving you a dedicated broadband line connected to a single jack point in your property. The installer will not configure your modem, but everything else will be set up and ready to go.Do I need to be home for the installation of Ultra-Fibre?Because installing Ultra-Fibre requires a lot of physical work done at your property, yes you will need to be present for the length of the installation. The installation can take anywhere from 3 - 8 hours, depending on the level of work required for installation. The fibre installation technician will be able to give you an estimate of how long the installation will take.I want Ultra-Fibre!
If you're interested in connecting to our Ultra-Fibre service, you can apply through our website after performing an address check, or by calling our friendly Customer Services team on 0800 89 2000 during our business hours. Take a look at what's involved in the installation process here.
Have you tried our app?
The My Slingshot App makes it easy to keep track of usage, payments, and loads of other handy things.
- Still have questions? Request support.