How can we help?
What is the 'No Dramas' Contract?
The No Dramas Contract is a fair and flexible way of keeping both sides accountable for the service being provided. Any issues (from signing up to the speed you get) give us a chance to help resolve it (contact us asap) and if you are still not happy then let us know and we'll make sure there are no dramas.
So am I in a contract or not?
You would have agreed to a contract term when joining, could have been a 6, 12 or 24 month term. this means you would be agreeing to our standard terms and conditions for getting services with us and that you are agreeing to keep your services for the length of the contract term chosen.
The No Drama Terms is removing hassle/worry out of the contract making sure that if you have a genuine reason for needing to end the contract early, we’d rather avoid any dramas.
What does it mean to work in good faith?
This is simply upholding your end of the contract (like we will for ours) so things like:
- You pay your bill on time.
- You tell us about your genuine reason as soon as it comes up.
- You give us a chance to fix it or find a solution and do your part in good faith, by providing the reasonable information and taking the reasonable steps we request to troubleshoot the problem and/or resolve it (for example, if we suggest some specific steps to improve the quality of your connection, actually taking those steps).
When would the contract not be removed?
- You only need broadband for a month or two (say in your Bach over summer).
- You want to sign up to a limited time special offer with another provider.
- You’ve decided you don’t need broadband anymore.
- You’ve decided it’s time for a change.
- You’ve found a better price with another provider.
When would we consider removing the contract?
This is the list of what a genuine reason would be for removing the contract
- Something unexpected happens, like a serious medical issue or accident affecting you or your immediate family.
- Problems with the speed or reliability of your connection (for example, it’s not as good as what you
- obtained from your previous provider or as advertised)
- Your router doesn’t show up or doesn’t work properly.
- Issues getting you connected quickly.
- There’s an ongoing problem with your bill.
- There is an issue connecting you at a new address.
- Your technician doesn’t turn up when they say they will.
- We said we’d do something when you contacted us and we didn’t do it.
- You unexpectedly need to move house to somewhere with different broadband technology.
Need something else?
Still wondering about the early termination fee? or how to close your account?
Are you wondering how much it'll cost to break your contract? Depending on when you signed up and what service you chose, the fee will be different.
Please note: As of Friday the 14th of February 2020 we've updated our early termination fees.
Signed up before 14/02/2020
ADSL $199 VDSL $199 Fibre $250
Signed up on or after 14/02/2020
ADSL $250 VDSL $250 Fibre $250
Did you sign up for one our special promotions? If so, your termination fee will vary from those above. Please check out our promotional terms and conditions for the correct information.Cancel my account
We are sorry to hear that you are considering leaving Slingshot. Please do let us know if there is anything we can do to change your mind.
Prior to canceling your Slingshot account
- Contact our team to confirm if your services are currently under contract. If the contract term is not complete, you may face early exit charges.
- There is a standard 30-day notice period for cancellation requests. The notice period begins from the time you confirm your intent to cancel your account.
- You can read our full terms and conditions here.
Canceling your Slingshot account
You can cancel your account with Slingshot by following one of our easy contact methods:
- Send our Customer Services team an email by completing our online contact form with your full name, date of birth, address, and preferred date for cancellation. Our team will then process your request accordingly.
- Contact our team on 0800 89 2027 to submit your cancellation request. Our operating hours are located at the bottom of our contact page.
Placing services on hold
Slingshot is not able to place services on hold or temporarily cancel your account. This is because your services will still be connected at the exchange leading to monthly service rental charges. The only method to cease billing is by canceling your account. If you only require a temporary disconnection, there are crucial points to consider before proceeding with this request:
- Depending on your contract status, there might be an early exit fee and reconnection fees for canceling your broadband service and signing up again on a later date.
- The disconnection process may cause you to lose your homeline number.
- You will lose any carryover data that you have accumulated.
Have you tried our app?
The My Slingshot App makes it easy to keep track of usage, payments, and loads of other handy things.
- Still have questions? The best way to get in touch with us is by email. Just choose the team you are wanting to reach and we will get back to you super-fast. Easy!