How can we help?
Where can I manage my mobile and see my usage?
We’ve made it easy to keep track of your Slingshot mobile. Check your balances, change your plan or purchase an Add-on online, or on-the-go.
Once you’re in, just click on Mobile to see everything related to your mobile plans.Slingshot mobile has a range of helpful ways you can track your remaining mobile minutes, and data.You can check your remaining balances through the following methods:
Changing or checking mobile plans with Slingshot is super easy! Simply Log onto you My Slingshot and select My Mobile from the top right hand corner.
- Visit www.mobile.slingshot.co.nz to check your plan balances
- Call 6886 and follow the voice prompts to check your plan balances
- Press 1 for Your remaining balances, then;
- Press 1 to check your remaining minutes
- Press 2 to check your remaining texts
- Press 3 to check your remaining data
On the main My Mobile dashboard you will be able to see your monthly mobile plan, the amount of data/minutes remaining, and any additional data packs that you may have purchased
In your My Mobile portal you can change plans through the plans sectionHow do I purchase a mobile add-on?
You can either change your plan immediately or from your next bill date. If you change your plan immediately, your bill date will change also. Any unused minutes or data from your old plan will carry over to your new plan and will be used first. If unused they will expire at the same time your original plan was set to expire.
If you would like to see a list of plans we have available check out this page.
If you run out of data, minutes, or texts, add-on packs can be purchased here.
For a list of all available add-ons and packs, check out our Mobile TXT and Rates Page.
Add-ons will show as a one off charge on the Slingshot invoice following their purchase and do not renew every 30 days.
Once you have used the included data in your Slingshot mobile plan you will not be able to exceed that limit or continue using the data connection unless you purchase a top-up add-on for the month. For information on how to disable your mobile data on your phone click here.
- Please note that your data usage balances are tracked in real time so you’ll always know how much data you have remaining. For information on how to check your remaining balances, visit the following FAQ here
- For information on how to purchase a data top-up add-on, visit the following FAQ here
An easy way to manage your data use is to enable Wi-Fi on your smartphone.
- For Android users, go to Settings - Wireless & network – Wi-Fi Settings.
- For iPhone/iPad users, go to Settings - Wi-Fi.
Unfortunately Slingshot mobile does not have a toll bar feature. If you run out of calling minutes in your plan you will start to be charged a casual per min rate.How do I cancel my mobile plan?
Please note that 0900 numbers and Text to Park services are automatically blocked when you're activated on Slingshot Mobile.
To cancel your mobile plan can be one of two ways, a new provider can request the number and cancel the Slingshot mobile at the same time or you can cancel it by contacting us (canceling by contacting Slingshot means you will lose the mobile number you currently have)
How Slingshot mobile billing works
Slingshot mobiles are pre-paid (so canceling partway through the month won't get your plan credited it will just be lost)
- To make the most of the last month check your rollover date in the mobile portal.
- Have the cancellation/porting request for the day before it rolls over. This way you get the full pre-paid month from Slingshot and you won't get another bill from us incorrectly.
Switching to another mobile provider?
If you transfer your mobile number to another provider, all you need to do is place a request with your new provider to port your mobile number over (this can not be raised from our side), your mobile plan/sim with Slingshot will stop working as soon as the port completes.
Just want your mobile canceled?
You can do this by contacting us by email (click here), Alternatively, please give us a call on 0800 89 2000 and one of our friendly staff will assist you with closing your account.
When you cancel, your mobile services will stop as soon as the request is made (so remember if you want the remainder of your current plan please check when your rollover date is and cancel it the day before this).
Your current Slingshot mobile number will be lost and after 14 days any rollover data you have accumulated will expire.
If you change your mind about canceling you can log back into the mobile portal and purchase a new plan bundle to re-activate.How do I block a number from sending me TXT messages?
Some handsets allow you to block certain numbers from texting your phone. You can check whether this facility is available in your mobile's instruction manual.
If your phone doesn't offer this facility and the texts you're receiving are threatening or malicious give us a ring on 0800 89 2000 and we will investigate the messages for you. Here at Slingshot we believe that text-bullying is a very serious matter and we treat it as such.Can I buy two mobile add-ons in one month?
Absolutely! If you have used all of the included minutes or data in your base plan, you can continue to top-up additional data or calling add-ons to suit your usage.
Please be aware that all add-ons purchased will appear on your next Slingshot invoice and any un-used minutes or data will expire after 30 days.
Another thing to consider if you are one of the cheaper mobile plans is that it might be more cost effective to just upgrade your monthly recurring plan to one that includes more data or minutes.
There is a hidden limit on the amount of top-ups and changes you can make per month; however it is high enough that most customers shouldn’t hit this through regular use.My phone has been stolen/lost, what should I do?
First of all, give us a call on 0800 89 2000 and we will organise to have your old SIM card blocked so no calls, texts, or Internet surfing can be used on your account. At the same time we will request a new SIM card to be dispatched to you; however this may take between 2 and 3 working days to arrive in the post.
Please note that you are liable for any charges that are incurred before the SIM card is blocked.Can I disable mobile data on Slingshot Mobile?
Yes, you can do this in the settings section of your device. It is important to note that if you completely disable the 3G or 4G ability of your device, then it may not work correctly. Unused data included in your plan will continue to roll over to the next month, for a maximum of 12 months.
Accessing your voicemail from your prepay Slingshot mobile is free regardless of how long it takes.
Please note that some customers on older post pay Slingshot mobile plans (signing up before September 1st 2015) will be charged $0.20 to access voicemail.
Voicemail User Guide
- Dial 6888 from your mobile phone.
To listen to your messages press 1.
To change your settings press 9.
- To activate the answer service press 1
- To record or change welcome message press 2
- To record or change the answer service message press 3
- To set or change your entry code press 4
- To change the listening order press 5
- Allows you to play voicemail messages in order of oldest to newest, rather than newest to oldest
- To turn the date/time function on or off press 6 - Off by default
- “The date/time function is on/off”
- To activate / deactivate press 1
- For the settings menu press 9
- For the main menu press *
- For more information press 0
- For the main menu press *
To hear this menu again, press 0.
[Please Note] You'll have an option to record both an "Answer Service" message and a "Voicemail" message. If you select Answer Service the message you record will be played to your caller and the call will be disconnected. If you're wanting people to be able to leave you a message then record a Voicemail message instead.Where do I find my phone's serial (IMEI) number?
Slingshot run our mobile services over Spark's mobile network. To check if your mobile handset is compatible with our services you'll need to grab its IMEI number.
This number can be found under the battery on your mobile.
Also, on most phones, the IMEI number will be displayed if you enter:
The IMEI number is also known as the serial number and will be 15 digits long.
Once you've found your number enter it in to Spark's Handset Compatability Tool here and that should tell you whether or not your phone will work!
You can track your data usage, minutes, and SMS messages used on your Slingshot Mobile account by logging in to mobile.slingshot.co.nz and clicking on the "Usage" tab at the top of the page. We've put together the following key to help you understand some of the labels that may come up so you can better manage your mobile usage.
- DATA – All data usage on your Slingshot mobile plan will be tracked live and rounded to the nearest MB. Total Used indicates the total rounded amount dedicated from your mobile plans data limit.
- Voice_MO - Voice Mobile Originating – Calls made from your Slingshot mobile to another numbers. Total Used will reflect the total minutes deducted from your plans allocated calling minutes.
- Voice_MF - Voice Mobile Forwarded – Calls forwarded to your Slingshot mobile voicemail. Total Used should remain zero as voicemails do not count towards your plans calling minutes.
- Voice_MT - Voice Mobile Terminating – Calls received on your Slingshot mobile. Total Used should be zero as incoming calls do not count towards your allowance (Note: Incoming calls are charged to roaming pack minutes when roaming overseas).
- SMS_MO - Mobile Originated Short Message – Outgoing SMS messages and the number messaged will be tracked. Total Used will indicate the number of messages sent, however all Slingshot mobile plans have Unlimited texts (excluding the Data Only plan).
All calls are charged per minute and rounded up to the nearest minute.
Get the app!
Check your balance, manage payments, scan your Wi-Fi network and heaps more. You call the shots with the Slingshot app!
Still have questions?
The best way to get in touch with us is by email. Just choose the team you are wanting to reach and we will get back to you super-fast. Easy!
Scanning your Wi-Fi for Potential Issues is quick and easy.